VTCLI & MyVetRide
WHAT DOES VTCLI STAND FOR?
VTCLI is short for Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative
WHAT IS VTCLI?
VTCLI is an innovative, federally coordinated partnership that makes it easier for U.S. veterans, active service members, military families, and others to learn about for locally available transportation services that connect them with work, education, health care, and other vital services in their communities.
WHEN DID THE VTCLI INITATIVE BEGIN?
In 2012, Sun Metro, in collaboration with Project Amistad, applied for the VTCLI grant and in 2013 received a $1.5 million grant from the Federal Transit Administration to develop and implement a VTCLI Program.
WHAT WAS THE FUNDING USED FOR?
The $1.5 million was used for:
- An interactive voice telephone system
- Mobile computers on buses to track locations
- Hand-held phone application technology to track real-time bus arrivals
- Informational website
- Call center remodeling/expansion
- Call center computer software upgrades
WHAT IS THE NAME IS THE VTCLI SERVICE?
MyVetRide. A veteran information center both online and via telephone for transportation needs.
HOW DO I ACCESS MYVETRIDE?
MyVetRide can be accessed on the internet by visiting MyVetRide.org or by calling 915-VETRIDE (915.838.7433).
WHERE IS THE MYVETRIDE CALL CENTER?
The MyVetRide call center is located at the Sun Metro LIFT (5081 Fred Wilson) and is available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHAT COUNTIES AND MAJOR CITIES DOES MYVETRIDE SERVE?
El Paso, Socorro, Clint, Brewster, Alpine, Terlingua , Marathon, Culberson, Van Horn, Jeff Davis, Ft. Davis, Valentine, Ft. Stockton, Presidio, Marfa, Hudspeth, Ft. Hancock, Sierra Blanca, Dell City, Roswell, Carlsbad, Las Cruces, and Alamogordo.
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR USING MY VETRIDE?
NO. MyVetRide is free to all who wish to use the service.
WHAT INFORMATION IS INCLUDED ON MYVETRIDE.ORG?
- Public Transportation (fixed route and paratransit)
- Other transportation (medical, shuttles, taxi, education/employment)
- Veteran Transportation Resources, Health Care Services & Military installation information
- Other Travel – Bus/Rail Stations/Airports
- Social Services (Assistance and Referral Services, Senior Services, Emergency Assistance)
IF I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT VTCLI, WHOM CAN I CALL?
Customer Service Representatives at 915-VETRIDE, (915.838.7433) are capable of answering all your questions.