What are Ticket Vending Machines?
A Ticket Vending Machine or TVM is a device that allows Sun Metro Passengers to purchase a bus fare at any time wherever a TVM is located. TVM’s are intended to make purchasing a bus fare quicker and easier for all passengers.
How do I use a Ticket Vending Machine?
All Sun Metro TVM’s work the same way:
First, you must select the type of fare you would like to purchase from the choices on the display screen. Second, enter your form of payment. Finally, your pass will print and be dispensed.
Do Ticket Vending Machines accept credit or debit cards?
Yes, the ticket vending machines currently accept credit or debit cards issued by Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
May I purchase a Brio pass using a Ticket Vending Machine?
In order to board Brio you must pay BEFORE you board. All Brio stations have ticket vending machines where you will need to buy your ticket first. You can purchase a single-trip ticket, a day pass, a weekly pass or a monthly pass at a ticket vending machine.
Once you have your pass you simply board the Brio vehicle through any door. Remember, you MUST be prepared to show proof of payment (and a valid ID if using a reduced fare ticket/pass) if asked by any Sun Metro employee. Failure to pay may result in being banned from riding Brio and being fined for fare evasion.
Where are the Ticket Vending Machines located?
Sun Metro currently has 28 TVM’s located throughout the City.
- Franklin north bound and Franklin south bound
- Rio Grande north bound and Rio Grande south bound
- Hague north bound and Hague south bound
- Glory Road south bound
- Mesita north bound and Mesita south bound
- Executive north bound and Executive south bound
- Montecillo south bound
- Argonaut north bound
- Festival north bound and Festival south bound
- Balboa north bound and Balboa south bound
- Camille north bound and Camille south bound
- Resler north bound and Resler south bound
- Downtown Transfer Center Brio Bus Bay (Bay O)
- Glory Road Transfer Center
- Westside Transfer Center
- Eastside Transfer Center
- Five Points Transfer Center
- Mission Valley Transfer Center
- Downtown Transfer Center
If I have a problem with a Ticket Vending Machine, whom should I contact?
If, for any reason, you experience a problem with any TVM please locate the nearest Sun Metro Transit Supervisor or security personnel. If you are not able to locate any Sun Metro personnel, please call the Sun Metro Customer Service line at 212-3333.