Sun Metro is dedicated to making your commute as pleasant as possible and asks passengers to please observe the following ordinances when riding with Sun Metro:
- For your safety, stand behind the white or yellow line at the front of the bus.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke on board.
- Do not sit or stand in the stairwell.
- Radios, CD players, iPods® and other electronic music devices can only be used with headphones.
- All wheelchairs will be secured with safety straps.
- Do not bring animals on board except service animals.
- Fold baby strollers before boarding.
- Make sure any articles you bring on board are less than five feet long.
- Keep buses and bus stops free of litter. Report any vandalism of buses, shelter or stops to 212.3333.
- Small non-service animals are allowed only if secured in portable kennels.
- Portable carts must be stowed out of the aisle for safety reasons.
Nationally, pedestrian fatalities make up about 12 percent of all traffic fatalities. Sun Metro cares about the safety of our passengers whether they are on and off our buses. For that reason we encourage riders to stay out of harm's way by following these safety tips:
- Wait for your bus at least three feet from the curb
- Do not attempt to board the bus until everyone has de-boarded the bus
- Do not chase after a bus that has left the curb
- Do not walk between buses, use designated crosswalks/intersections
- Do not run and attempt to board a moving bus
- Do not, under any circumstances, get in front of a moving bus
- Be well aware of your surroundings when crossing any parking lot, street or intersection
- When exiting a bus look both ways before stepping off the bus
- After de-boarding a bus, do not cross the street in front of the bus unless there is a crosswalk or a traffic light