Union depot rental
The Historic Union Depot's Rotunda is available for lease by the public. Community-based, non-profit, charitable organizations for general civic or artistic purposes and private citizens/businesses may rent the Rotunda room for any function that is non-commercial, not for profit, not a solicitation for customers, not a solicitation of campaign contributions and does not engage in any activity promoting a commercial enterprise. Examples of permitted functions include:
- Bar mitzvahs
- Charity auctions
- Other such functions
The Depot may not be used for political purposes including fund raisers and press conferences.
All rentals are subject to the availability of the Depot and must not interfere with the Mass Transit Department's (Sun Metro's) primary transit purposes.
Call the Sun Metro Marketing Office for reservations at 915-212-3301. Events must be booked at least 30 days in advance.
- Rental fees are based on an hourly basis of $150.00 an hour or fraction thereof (four hour minimum).
- A Security fee of $40.00 per hour for two officers.
- A Janitorial fee of $150.00 for service provided during and after the event.
- A liability insurance fee of $95 per event. For events that continue for multiple days, the fee will be assessed per performance/activity. In lieu of purchasing insurance coverage from Sun Metro, renters may obtain insurance individually and provide proof of coverage. Contact Sun Metro for required limits of liability.
- All rental fees are due no later than 30 days prior to the event.
The City of El Paso (Sun Metro) does not provide any tables or chairs for any event.
No nails or tape may be used on walls, pillars, or marble. No wire, tape or nails may be used on baluster.
Renter is responsible for all food service, deliveries, and equipment rentals. Sun Metro does not provide catering services. No glass containers are allowed for beverage or food consumption.
Alcoholic beverages cannot be sold in the Union Depot premises. All beverages must be consumed in the Rotunda area.
No fees or fund raising activities are allowed on the premises except those events that are for the benefit of a charitable or non-profit organization or for a community based artistic event.
Parking is available in designated areas around the Depot, on the public street and in public parking lots (for a fee) around the general area.
The depot can hold 350 persons, seated. Theatre seating accommodates a larger audience. Capacity will be dependent upon setup.
Smoking is not allowed inside the Depot's Rotunda. Smoking is permitted outside of the Depot building.
Sun Metro will try to accommodate special electrical needs upon request at time of contract signing. Electrical boxes are not to be opened for drop cords. Power in excess of 110 volts is not to be used from the outlets. Electrical fixtures are to be turned on or off by Sun Metro personnel only. Fire alarms, cameras, pull boxes, and annunciator panel are not to be covered or blocked.
The benches located in the Depot for Amtrak passengers are not to be moved. No furniture or other objects are to be dragged across the floor. Only items with casters can be rolled across the floor.
All interested parties must provide the following information in writing:
- Type of organization;
- Organization status: community-based, non-profit, charitable, private citizen or business;
- Date and time desired, to include time for decoration set-up and take-down
- Approximate number of guests (capacity 350 seated, theatre style);
- Type of activity (dance, dinner, art show, etc.);
- Contact person and phone number.
- Sign a certificate to hold harmless the City of El Paso Mass Transit Department.
- Pay rental fees based on an hourly basis of $150.00 an hour or fraction thereof (four hour minimum).
- Pay $40.00 per hour for security service provided during the event.
- Pay $150.00 for janitorial service provided during and after the event.
- Pay liability insurance fee of $100 per event. For events that continue for multiple days, the fee will be assessed per performance/activity.
- Full payment required no later than 30 days prior to the date of the event.
All rental fees and policies are subject to change.