Scheduling a Pick-up
To schedule a LIFT ride, call the Sun Metro LIFT reservation line 915.212.0100.
Cancelling a Pick-up
To cancel a LIFT ride, call 915.212.3002. Passengers MUST call at least one (1) hour before the scheduled pick up window. Please note that an individual’s eligibility to use the Sun Metro LIFT may be suspended if a passenger frequently cancels without notifying the LIFT within sufficient time.
Reservation Hours and Requirements
Monday through Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sundays and holidays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
We encourage you to schedule both your pick-up and return time when making a transportation reservation whenever possible. You may schedule more than one trip at a time and reserve a trip up to seven days in advance or, including the day before you would like to take the ride. There are no same-day reservations.
Call takers will provide you with a 30-minute window as your expected time of pickup. Your bus should arrive some time during those 30 minutes; however, please be ready to be picked up at the beginning of the 30-minute window. The 30-minute window means that at any time during the 30 minutes the LIFT vehicle may arrive and passengers must be ready to leave within five minutes of arrival to ensure we stay on schedule for all passengers.
- You may call the day before or up to seven days ahead to schedule a trip.
- When calling for a trip request, you will be given your 30-minute window. Please advise the call taker if you require special assistance, for example if you need the driver to knock on your door, or you need to wait indoors until arrival and need a phone call, etc.
- If you call to change a previously scheduled trip, please note that this will be considered as a new trip request and your new requested time may have to be negotiated.
- If you have a medical emergency, please note that Sun Metro LIFT is not an ambulance service and advises you to call 9-1-1 for any medical assistance.
To reduce the amount of time spent on the phone scheduling trips, please have the following information available before calling:
- Passenger’s name, LIFT Identification Number and confirm phone number
- Date and time of trip
- Address of pick-up location
- Address of drop-off location
- Requested drop-off time and alternate drop-off times.
- Type of mobility aid(s) you will be traveling with (e.g. cane, wheelchair)
- If your needs have changed please be sure to let us know so that we may update your file
- Is a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) accompanying you?
To ensure your trip is scheduled in a manner that best suits the most agreeable time please be sure to let our staff know if:
- it is important you not arrive before a specific time. For example, if no staff is available at your drop-off site until a certain time, then you should REQUEST A NO-EARLIER-THAN ARRIVAL TIME WHEN SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP.
- it is important you arrive no later than a specific time. For example, if you have a doctor’s appointments you cannot be late to or your job doesn’t end until a specific time, then you should REQUEST A NO-LATER-THAN ARRIVAL TIME WHEN SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP.
- it is important you not be picked up before a specific time. For example, if your job doesn’t end until a specific time and no sooner, then you should REQUEST A NO-EARLIER-THAN PICK UP TIME WHEN SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP.
While we may not always be able to meet every request, we will make every effort to accommodate you. Knowing this information will aid in scheduling the trip with better results.
Note: PCA’s must have the same pick-up and drop-off locations as the passenger.